The Greenhouse GP in Hackney, providing GP health services as well as co-located housing and welfare support for homeless individuals, will be hosting a Health & Wellness Open Day for all local members of the public on Wednesday the 14 February 2018 between 1.00pm and 3.00pm. See poster below.
The event aims to promote the role and benefits of The Greenhouse, as well as to raise awareness about and allow patients to experience a number of local health service providers accessible through the surgery for patients and local homeless people in Hackney.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet members of practice staff, particularly newer team members, and will be treated to FREE mini health checks and refreshments.
The services that will be attending are:
- Just Add Spice, who will be promoting Time Credits. This scheme is available for all residents of Hackney, and individuals can earn Time Credits through volunteering at local organisations, charities and services. These credits can then be spent on local opportunities and activities in the community, such as leisure centres. 1 hour of helping in your community equals 1 hour of Time Credits for you to spend.
- Healthwatch Hackney, whose mission is to improve health and social care provision and outcomes for people in Hackney. Healthwatch Hackney aim to do this by working to ensure that treatment and care is provided with respect and dignity, valuing diversity, encouraging participation and working together.
- Hackney’s Diabetes Centre, who will be carrying out free blood glucose tests and offering advice about diabetes to visitors. The diabetes centre, which is based at Homerton Hospital, includes a talented team of diabetes specialist nurses, diabetes specialist dietitians and diabetes consultants.
- Thamesreach, whose mission is to assist homeless and vulnerable men and women to find decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Thames Reach works directly with homeless people on the streets and in hostels and work hard to prevent vulnerable people from becoming homeless.
- A member of the City & Hackney Council.
Omar Din, AT Medics Director of Communications said “Our aim for this event is to improve patient experience at The Greenhouse and to extend an invitation to homeless people in Hackney to join us on Wednesday 14th February when our surgery becomes an open house. We are delighted to coincide this event with our recent ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating.”
The Greenhouse GP is committed to delivering high quality care focused on patient needs and safety, and is working to achieve clinical improvement through the implementation and advancement of quality systems, as well as continually reviewing and investing in training and education of staff.